Hello, it’s a new day and it’s time to answer the call to elevate your career and make life accessible for all.
Our purpose is to make life accessible
Our compassion and knowledge sets us apart. With kindness and expertise, we support individuals by delivering the right mobility, accessibility, personal care, and daily living solutions.
We believe that providing people with comprehensive solutions empowers and fulfills us all.
Our role is to care
As we strive to expand our reach and clients we care for, we are adding specialists to our teams who embody kindness, collaboration and respect. If you want to help our clients experience their most vibrant lives while growing your own career in a nurturing, learning-focused and supportive environment - you will love being part of Motion.
Who we need
Reporting to the CFO, we are looking for a Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis to join our leadership team in Toronto. We are looking for a data-driven leader; someone who doesn’t hesitate to jump in and eagerly rolls up their sleeves to get the job done. We need someone to own FP&A as it separates from our accounting function to become an entity of its own; someone who is excited to leverage technology and automation tools to drive success and efficiency.
What’s in it for you
Influence. As our next Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis, you will see the direct impact your work has on both our present and future success as a company. You will spearhead our newly independent FP&A function and will have the opportunity to build out processes and introduce new technical systems. In this role, you will gain exposure to decision-makers across the organization, and most importantly will have your ideas heard and taken seriously.
Impact. You are someone who’s always ready to jump into new projects and you believe in challenging the status-quo through constant improvement. You have been a critical player in introducing and implementing cutting-edge processes in the past and want to own that process again at Motion. You will use data and analytics to execute on a winning strategy.
As the new Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis, you will focus on:
- Data-driven improvements. You will merge and analyze data from disparate sources; distilling actionable insights from your analysis and turning them into process improvements. You will lead the development of more efficient procedures and implement best practices whenever possible.
- Reporting. You will create, implement, and iterate on financial reporting systems, models, and templates. You will generate accurate ad-hoc financial reports in a timely and detailed manner.
- Leadership. You will spearhead the FP&A strategy, build out the department, and define how we leverage financial data and models for years to come. You will inspire, motivate, coach, and guide your team of direct reports.
- Financial reviews. You will prepare, review and present financial statements to the senior leadership team. You will analyze financial statements to identify risks and will assess current performance against past historical trends. You will act as an advisor to the executive team during the decision-making process; proactively providing updates, guidance and recommendations.
- Internal finances. You will develop budgets and processes, expense planning, forecasts, and, with the CFO, develop a long-term financial strategy for the business as a whole. You will lead annual internal audits; monitoring and improving the quality of financial data.
What you bring:
- The education. You have a degree in finance, commerce, accounting or a related analytical field as well as your CMA/CPA accreditation.
- The experience. You have 5+ years of experience in financial analysis and planning at small to mid-sized organizations. Experience in a manufacturing and/or distribution environment is ideal. You have excellent knowledge of GAAP (ASPE); exposure to tax regulations and payroll management is also beneficial.
- The technical skills. You are comfortable with an ERP system, ideally, Navision, as well as MS Office and are an Excel superuser. You pick up new technologies quickly and enjoy the learning curve.
- The business acumen. You’re a business savvy professional with the ability to see the big picture. You are an excellent multi-tasker who prioritizes easily. You take the initiative and utilize data insights to develop effective, creative quantitative solutions to complex business problems.
- The analytical mindset. You are a strong decision-maker who thinks long-term. You are well-versed in analytical modelling and data analysis for business purposes. You have well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- The people skills. You understand team dynamics; you can successfully engage individuals and guide team discussions. When you collaborate with internal and external stakeholders you build strong relationships and establish a level of trust and credibility. You have outstanding written and verbal skills.
Why join? We are Motion
At Motion, we’ve undergone a recent transformation and we think that’s exciting. With a strong reputation as experts in our field, we’re turning inwards to foster a culture of belonging, giving and strength. Joining us now is a chance to be part of that momentum; a chance to make an impact in people’s lives and help create a company environment you believe in.
Thank you for taking the time to consider joining us. If you want to be part of our team, express your interest here.